We are currently accepting guest posts
Here is what we're looking for...
We only accept guest posts which are original content and not published anywhere else on the Internet. Duplicate or plagiarized content will not be accepted.
Should be in keeping with the rest of the website blog posts as well as reflecting the philosophies and values introduced on our About page. Importantly, it should be positive, friendly, and authentic.
We are happy for you to include personal stories if they are relevant, or to write a more scientific post.
We are looking for guest post submissions on the following topics:
- Weight loss
- Fitness for Moms
- Goals and motivation
- Physical fitness for beginners
- ‘Next level’ physical fitness (for those who are already exercising regularly)
- Holistic health (stress, sleep, meditation, increasing energy, etc)
- Healthy eating and recipes
If you are talking about a concept that is not widely accepted or understood it must be properly referenced to a credible source. This could be a site like WebMD or a respected online medical journal.
Please do not include affiliate links unless previously discussed with us.
We are looking for posts with a minimum of 1,200 words of original content.
You can use headings as well as numbered and bullet point lists.
Please do not format the post in other way (avoid bold, underline, font changes, font size changes, etc). We will format it to be consistent with our website format.
Please do not double space after periods or between paragraphs.
Each post needs to have a particular keyword chosen related to the article.
- The keywords needs to be included in the article at least seven times and must look natural and read well.
- Keyword should be specific. A bad example of a keyword (key phrase) = “fitness”. A much better example = “bodyweight fitness workout”
- Average monthly searches for the keyword must exceed 200 searches a month on Google.
- Difficulty rating should be easy or easy-moderate. Where the difficulty rating is moderate, the search volume must exceed 1000 searches per month on Google.
- We use https://www.keysearch.co/research to get this information. (The link is an affiliate link. If you choose to sign-up with Keysearch, please use the code ‘KSDISC’ to receive a 20% discount. We will also earn a small commission at no extra cost to you).
- Keyword idea, search volume and difficulty rating (please give us the specific number) should be included when presenting your idea to Elly McGuinness. (See below ‘How to submit a post’).
Once your guest post is published, we expect you to share it with your social community and you can expect that we will do the same. Depending on the topic and content provided we will share your post on a variety of social and media platforms with the following being an indicative (rather than exhaustive or specific) list; Facebook; Flipboard; Google+; Instagram; LinkedIn; Pinterest; Twitter.
What’s in it for you?
Seeing as we do not compensate our guest writers, each accepted guest post will have an author bio containing 3-4 sentences about the author including one (1) dofollow link. You may also include links inside the article if they are relevant, natural, and will help the reader. (Please do not include affiliate links unless previously discussed with us).
You will get your name and work out to our quickly expanding audience of like-minded followers.
How to submit a post
Use the button below or send us your proposed article ideas in an email with the subject header “guest post idea”. Remember to include your keyword(s) as well as an indicative monthly search volume and difficulty rating.
If Elly is interested in your article idea we will let you know as soon as possible and give you a timeline for when we will want to publish the post. You can then write it and submit it to us in Microsoft Word or Google Docs format (or simply paste into the body of an email).
Please address all email correspondence to ‘support @ ellymcguinness dot com’
Include a 2-3 sentence bio, a head and shoulders photo, and one link with your submission. If you would like specific photo(s) included with your post, please ensure they are high resolution and sized to 800x450px. If you do not send a photo we will select a suitable one for the post. Elly will review and make any changes, then run the final version by you before publishing.
We may include links within your post if they naturally link to other posts on our site, or other sites that we know about and respect. (The final version will be reviewed by you before publishing).
“Thank you in advance for your interest in wanting to write for ellymcguiness.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon”